Yahoo! is hiring and both, my wife and I have very interesting job openings within our teams:
– Sr. Engineer, Exceptional Performance
– Product Manager, Developer Network
If you or someone you know is interested (and qualified), send me a resume (dan at yahoo-inc . com). Both jobs are on-site in Sunnyvale, California. Also, I think I’m suppose to include this lawyer stuff: In the interest of full disclosure, I get a referral bonus and you get a great job at a great company! Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.
Technical Yahoo, Sr, Yahoo! Exceptional Performance
Come join the Exceptional Performance team! We are responsible for measuring and improving the performance of all Yahoo! products worldwide. We’re looking for someone who doesn’t accept the status quo and instead is driven to make our products the best they can be for our users. You will be responsible for:
– Gathering and evangelizing performance best practices across the company.
– Working as a performance consultant across all product teams within Yahoo!.
– Designing experiments for measuring performance and analyzing the results.
– Helping build tools to quantify product performance.
– BS in Computer Science or related field
– 3+ years experience with web applications
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills for working with engineering teams and product management
– Attention to detail
If you love to push systems to their optimum we’re waiting to hear from you.
Product Manager, Yahoo! Developer Network
The Yahoo! Developer Network ( http://developer.yahoo.com/) is continuing to open up Yahoo! products and services across all of Yahoo’s services to provide an easy-to-use yet powerful platform for third-party developers to build new and innovative products and businesses. Inspired ideas and innovations are bubbling up from third parties every day, and your job is to help the Yahoo! Developer Network team enable this creativity, and make it flourish.
The perfect candidate is a highly-collaborative and strategic thinker who is extremely analytical, detail oriented, and not afraid to deal with tactical issues to achieve strategic goals as we build the next-generation web. Good prioritization skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, quantitative smarts, and a high degree of comfort managing multiple projects, leading teams, and working with senior executives are required. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with dynamic responsibilities and should have very strong communication, presentation and relationship-building skills.
Some responsibilities include:
– Developing requirements, prioritizing enhancements, translating into MRDs/PRDs and driving projects to completion.
– Defining, tracking and improving key product metrics and developing tests against those metrics
– Conducting competitive analysis and identifying areas for differentiation.
– Aggressively identifying opportunities for improvement, and incorporating new product offerings into the Yahoo! Developer Network platform on an ongoing basis.
– Helping refine existing processes to support routing, tracking, and fulfillment requests from third-party developers and partners
– Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of systems throughout Yahoo! to inform resolution of requests from third-party developers and partners
– Working with cross-functional teams and identifying and working with the appropriate technical and business owners to facilitate decision-making and cross-functional communication
BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA preferred (or significant equivalent experience). Prior experience in the online media industry and internet-focused companies is a plus, especially experience with third-party developers and partners.